Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Wednesday, 7 May 2014

TDC artefacts - a tactical retreat

It has been some while since I have said anything regarding the TDC collection of art and artefacts. Following the decision by TDC to adopt a new management policy and to carry out a full audit, something I must say has never been fully completed since TDC was formed. I think it is time for a bit of an update.

The working party looking into the issues regarding the artefacts management have decide not to investigate what went on in the past. All they want to do is audit the physical stock they have and move forward. Sounds a sensible move if you know naff all about the collection which probably covers almost everybody. A horrendous decision to someone who knows far more than they should but then this is Thanet District Council after all.

The new management policy is more about damage limitation and it will succeed as I know the numbers are now stacked up against me. For example two members of the Friends of the Margate Museum have said to me they do not like my accusations of theft against them. The point is that I am not accusing anyone of theft all I have been trying to get across is that there are items missing from the original inventory. This was reported to TDC in 1991 and I have the paperwork to prove it. But then that is no surprise because a council officer said to me that people were leaving the Friends of the Margate Museum because of my accusations, but then this is the same officer who also hinted to the Friends group that if they rock the boat they are out. So I can take all of that with a pinch of salt. The problem is that I am now on my own and I have to make a bit of a tactical retreat and I am keeping well clear of the Margate Museum and I do not trust anyone that is for sure. Especially when I brought up a question about the Parker collection and the condition of the items only to be put down by the guy who has taken over the museum data base who just happen to be a son of a Councillor.

Anyway enough of the moaning and onto progress, I have retrieved a interesting document it is a TDC one and it details some  info on the Albion House collection that was never made public. It  probably explains why the Ramsgate collection is in such appalling condition. I am writing a letter to the Gazette first then I will publish the document on my blog.

I have something on the Cobb shell collection, once again one of these documents TDC have trouble finding so I have informed Quex who now hold the collection and I have past it on to Iris . I will also put that on my blog.

Any way got to go and be rest assured I do have a few more bullets left in the chamber.

No comments: