Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Ramsgate artefacts - a brief round up and a natter.

It has been a week or so since I have given Ramsgate a mention and this is mostly due to the number of projects I am assisting at present. The highlight of the past week has been auction watch and watching the number of Ramsgate items that have been up for grabs . Top item of interest recently has to be a Ramsgate Borough Policemans's truncheon that went for £40 with a pair of handcuffs thrown in. Other items also included Pegwell pot lids, Mauchlin boxes and decorative plates that all went cheaply.I would have gone for the lot but after my experience with the Margate Museum when I would buy items for the Museum out of my own pocket and donate. I can honestly say those days are now long gone and now is not the time to lay out on Ramsgate items until I can see some commitment somewhere for a Town Museum or Heritage Center. However should something fall into my lap I will accept it and I cannot refuse rarity . So out of the few recent nick nacks I have is a Tomson and Wotton beer bottle that has down the rounds on facebook and dates anytime from the 1920's to the 1930's plus a 1914  Philpott bottle stopper.

Friday I will be giving Bermondsey antique market a look to see what is up on the market further away.




No comments: