Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Thursday, 6 June 2013

Gaining momentum

At this moment in time I would really love to be a fly on the wall in Thanet District Council offices watching council officers working out how they can explain to TDC members why they have fed them such a load of bull shit over the years regarding the TDC collection of art and artifacts.
It may come as no surprise to readers of this blog but the ripples from the TDC fall out have now spread to KCC and Margate library with MHS (Margate Historical Society) researchers picking over the KCC collection. Also there are now a couple of intrepid investigators looking into Ramsgate library so things are going in the right direction throughout Thanet. Reports to follow at a later date.
Following my recent spate with TDC democratic services I reckon they really must have the hump with me as they cannot even reply to a simple email I sent to them. To be honest I am not bothered about it one little bit, the same applies to people who have cut me off as if I have got the plague or something worse. I am not bothered.
The latest little turn up is interesting and it involves the premises that kicked off my investigations in 2006. It was at the building presently used by East Kent Itec in Victoria Road Margate that two TDC prints appeared in 2006. TDC had no record of them being there and Itec hadn't a clue how they got there but they gave them back to TDC anyway. Well it appears there are still another seven prints on the premises and Itech would dearly love to give them back to TDC in fact Itech have been trying for years to get TDC to have them back and at one point they were told to keep them. Well thanks to the Isle of Thanet Gazette doing an article on my concerns Itec have once again contacted TDC who now taking this seriously and the prints should be back in the public collection.
Just to prove once again just how piss poor TDC records  on the public art and artifact collection are. The widow of the founder of the Margate Historical Society has informed me that she has handed over her late husbands personal notes and records on the public collection to assist with the audit of the collection. Says it all really.

No comments: