Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Monday, 27 February 2012

Margate local history website some news

On my side bar is a link to the Margate local history website hosted by Anthony Lee and this site is an amazing research tool. In fact I have now used this site many times to assist me with my research for my Margate sea defence works digs. The maps Anthony has put online are the very best available of Margate for researchers.
The lastest news for Anthony Lee's site is that he has now linked 2000 post cards to a 1907 map of Margate and he reports as follows:
8 February 2012. Margate Maps with Pictures. Ordnance Survey Maps for Margate for 1907 (scale: 25 ins/mile) have been added to the site, linked to ca 2000 Post Cards and other illustrations of Margate for this period. This still leaves a number of streets and buildings in Margate un-illustrated and I would be very grateful for any further illustrations that could be included with the maps. My contact details are given under 'Contact' on the top menu.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Bluehost is definitely the best hosting company for any hosting plans you require.