Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Sunday, 19 February 2012

Flotsam and Jetsam

Today I booked in most of all my finds found to date on the sea defence dig site, this included some of my finds past and present found in the vicinity of Margate Harbour. The deal is that the Margate Museum can have whatever they want for the town collection as a donation and return back items they do not need. The objective is to set up a flotsam and jetsam exhibition to coincide with the warmer weather as more people will be walking along the beach picking things up. I would think that the chances of people picking up interesting finds is probably the best opportunity in living memory and the Margate Museum will be the hub for information and for recording these finds. As from today I will be working through the museum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoping to go over to Margate tomorrow for a look around, not been over since work started

Col said...

Well done. I hope this does not mean an end to these informative blog updates as you are the only reliable source of information about the workings at the moment.
Thanks for doing what you do.