Stormy Margate

Stormy Margate

Monday, 4 April 2011

It's election time.

Over the next four weeks I expect the political content of the local blog scene will intesify as we enter the local elections. As for myself I will be standing as a Labour candidate for Central Harbour Ward for Ramsgate Town Council and for the first time since 1987 I will not be standing as a candidate for Thanet District Council.

For the first time in a generation local government in Thanet is facing its toughest period since the end of the Second World War and for those brave souls who do get elected I would think "challenging" would best describe the task that lies ahead. I am sure taking into consideration what has being going on around us all recently most people have do a fair idea which way they are going to vote.

However, I have added onto my bloglist a summary of the Labour TDC manifesto for information and the details of the Thanet Labour Blog for those interested.


I can assure regular readers of my blog that I am not going to ram politics down peoples throats as I feel elections are all about meeting people and doorstep canvassing. Plus my blog is about the Thanet Coast, its environment and history. My Blog is not local politics in general.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Tony, This site costs will appear upon your election expenses declaration form?

Retired said...

Best of luck Tony. Do you think this will mean an end to a certain Margate businessman (too busy to stand for council himself for the tories but always able to find hours to phone you) monopolozing your answerphone ?

Glutton for punishment you are Tony but fair play to you, you back your play.