Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Tuesday, 29 March 2011

The waiting game.

Following last weeks reply from DEFRA telling me what a naughty boy I have been collecting small fragments of Whale bone after the Sperm Whale clear up operation at the Pegwell Bay Hoverport. So last week I contacted the Receiver of Wrecks as the Whale is, or should I say was crown property and I have also contacted my MP Laura Sandys to get some clarification as to whether I have been acting legally or illegally. Well to date I have received no reply from either, but then to be fair to my MP I doubt if someone having a few pieces of Whalebone away is high on her list of priorities. Then on the other hand this doesn't help me either as I have a agenda with the bits of Whale in my possession so it is a case of getting on with it and worrying about the rest later. My aim is to put to together a small collection of bone samples that maybe some time in the future be exhibited at a local level as a items of interest. Now considering the Thanet Coast is gaining national and international interest I think collections of the extraordinary from our coastline is something worth considering as it all adds to the bigger picture. I do have this vision that unique items collected from our foreshore to form a collection is something worth pursuing and a collection along these lines is long overdue. Above is a clip from youtube of survey work being carried out on oil rig apparatus at 3000ft only for a Sperm Whale to appear for a Cameo performance.

No comments: