Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Saturday, 20 November 2010

Every little bit helps.

This past fortnight I have relied heavily on the Internet for leads on a research project I am working on. In some cases I have found the odd interesting snippet of fact or artifact thanks to google. All because someone somewhere has made something that is a little fact known. Each little fact helps towards the bigger picture and without doubt somewhere in Thanet we have something that is useful to someone elsewhere.
I have recently been trawling through some pictures I took in the Margate Museum many years age that may be of interest. This shipbuilders plate is such an item and it is from the London Belle built by William Denny & Brothers Dumbarton. So for anyone researching Denny ship builders with have a ship builders plate in the Margate Museum. Unfortunately the Museum is closed so here is the picture.

No comments: