Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Monday, 19 July 2010

Is it a Swift or Swallow


About 5:45am this morning this little bird after colliding with something crashed landed outside the front of our house. Fortunately for the bird my wife Rosemarie was in the front garden at the time and managed to save it from the encircling cats who were taken by surprise.
As soon as the bird regained its momentum I took it to the junction of Duncan Road and Crescent Road. Where flying high above other birds of the same species were ziz zagging high above. Using a up and down motion with my hand the bird started to flap his wings and then he was off to join those high above where I lost site of him. Hows that for a happy ending.

2 comments:

Ken Gregory said...

Tony,
from the fork in the tail I would hazard a guess it was a swallow!

Tony Beachcomber said...

Thamks, Ken