Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Monday, 14 June 2010

Rendevous club classic

This song by the Andrews Sisters is another Mick T classic from the Dreamland Rendezvous club days, a record which he would sort of slip in. Even though it is not even a pop record, in fact it is dated 1941 it does have have this charm about it when played in a packed dance hall.

For years I didn't know who sang it, how old it is or much about it until; I found it on youtube. But I do like it.

3 comments:

tony flaig bignews said...

This song also featured on Bette Midler's 1972 The Divine Miss M and I reckon is a better version.

If you have spotify paste this into your browser

http://open.spotify.com/album/0WCR1ZDrcXuNerUd6mbeiP

Still both are good I think this may well have you been the version played although I never went to the Rendezvous club.

Anonymous said...

You can add The Puppini Sisters to the list, There is an excellent version on their Betcha Bottom Dollar Album.

Tony Beachcomber said...

Thanks Tony, It is more than likely the Bette Midler version was played at the Rendevous club.
However, it is such a good song every performance I seen has done it justice.