Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Saturday, 15 May 2010

The political beer mat



While having a bit of a sort out today, I came across two beer mats of a political nature from the 2001 general election. I found the Tory froth beer mat, quoting the claims in the GQ magazine that our new foreign secretary had regularly in the past downed 14 pints in a session . I suppose on that quote he is either a recovering alcoholic or at the very least a binge drinker and now he has been let loose abroad funded by us tax payers, I just hope he sets a good example and behaves himself. As we all know what some Brits are like when they are abroad,
The other beer mat is a UKIP one and as usual based on the British paranoia of the wicked foreigner.
Since the 1983 I have collected local political literature and everything I have collected up until 2007 is in the Margate museum archive. Now the museum has been closed for two years it does make me wonder what has happened to the collection especially the archive as I cannot imagine it has been left as it was since 2008.

1 comment:

Jeremy Jacobs said...

I guess you're happy with the last 13 years of authoritarian politics?