Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Friday, 21 May 2010

33 golf balls and 2 mobiles




Spring 2010 was the first year that I paid my complete attention to one stretch of beach , being the Western Undercliff, Ramsgate. The only exception being the draining of the Walpole Bay tidal pool. Finds were varied at the Western Undercliff and the highlight was the discovery of the Chinese Mitten crab an invasive species to our shores, something of great interest for the Thanet Coast Project.
The strandline and the rock pools turned up all sorts of oddities over the spring period like the 33 golf balls and two battered mobile phones which I found over a priod of time.
This spring I virtually picked up everything from sea coal to beach plastic. The coal which weighed in at around 15 kilo, I gave to my neighbour after I removed the pieces of Canal coal that can be crafted and polished.

For the first time time I started collecting beach plastic as I am interested in the the artwork that can be created from it. However, I did find a piece of weathered false teeth which I found a bit macabre.

The winter cold weather this year killed off a lot of shellfish as it normally does in the life and death cycle of Shellfish. This little bonus has enabled me to increase my shell collection of which part is pictured at the top of the page.
I now have a display of items found on the beach at the Marine Studios in Margate.

1 comment:

Ping Deutschland said...

A golf ball is essentially pinch the ball between the street and his club. You have to hit the ball in the bottom half of the amount down and fair law enforcement. You must also ensure that there is a perfect touch of the ball. It is also important to have a good grip on the club where you learn how to put backspin on a golf ball. As mentioned above, the conditions should be ideal to actually put some backspin on the golf ball. The drought is preferred.