Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Vodka Mittini


Photographing and recording the Chinese Mitten crab I found recently was definatley the easy part. Preserving the Mitten crab needed more thought and after a lot of thought I decided perhaps keeping the crab in Vodka may offer the best solution of preservation. I mentioned my plan to fellow coast warden Tony Sykes and he came up with the name "Vodka Mittini". So here it folks one Vodka Mittini preserved in a jam jar.
I have been in contact with Willie Mcknight who keeps a data base of non native species on the North East Kent coast and he has replied informing me my find has now been recorded on the data base, also Willie informs me that he found a carapace between the 1st & 2nd concrete groynes a couple of weeks ago when he was checking a Pacific Oyster site. So by all accounts the Western Undercliff will be a interesting place for surveying in the next couple of months.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should taste pretty good after a few weeks!

Richard Eastcliff said...

Trebles all round!

ascu75 aka Don said...

Vodka Mittini is that on the rocks Tony ?