Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Sunday, 7 March 2010

28 Margate shipwrecks

Sometime back time back I was approached by someone who wanted details of 28 Margate shipwrecks for a project. Why 28 I do not know, however it is not a problem as I have a copy of Richard Larn's shipwreck index for the UK for this area and all the backdated magazines published by the Margate Historical Society, so I was happy to oblige.
I have attached one page from Richard Larn's book to give some idea how much research and information there is of the wrecks on the North Thanet coastline in circulation. A maritime history which perhaps 99.9% of the Margate residents do not know about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello found a book from my grandads old place. It's a German bible issues to a Mr Adolph Scheidhauer issued by the British and Foreign Bible Society on occasion of being shipwrecked off Margate on Thursday 21st December 1848. Would you be able to help shed some light on this? Could be a family link. Regards Tom.