Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Thursday, 4 February 2010

Clean Seas


This photograph is of just a few items I have picked up from the strand line recently. Like every beachcomber I have got my trophy, and this time it is the piece of driftwood on the left. As you can see it has been attacked by the Terado worm giving the wood this fascinating appearance. Once dried out in controlled conditions it will be fine and dandy and form part of my new collection of the coast. The fire extinguisher, well I knocked the head off with a hammer and put it in the metal recycling skip down a Richborough. The lead weights I just put in a bucket and when it is full take them down the scrap yard, The float I will give to a fisherman friend and most important of all the tangled ball of fishing line which is a hazard to a forms of marine life will be put out of harms way and in the bin.

No comments: