Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Irish Hospitals Sweepstake 1948


We are always hearing about unclaimed prizes on the national lottery and unclaimed prizes on the premium bonds. Well recently I came across this Irish Hospitals sweepstake ticket for the 1948 Derby, whether it was a winner I will never know. Did Betsy win the Derby in 1948 ?
Win or lose is certainly has a lovely celtic appeal about it, almost like a work of art, something worth keeping.

2 comments:

mike said...

Discouvered your comments while trying to check winning numbers from a few old tickets of my own. No luck finding any kind of listing.

dandk said...

Can't believe I'm not the only one looking for the winning numbers! My ticket is from 1977. Wonder if you can cash in a winner? (If you have one!)