This rare postcard featured in the Margate Historical Society millennium booklet "Bygone Margate". Taken in mill lane in 1910 and shows staff and horse drawn transport of Kemp and Brenchley, wholesale tobacco and confection merchants, whose premises were on the corner of Mill Lane and Latimer Place. They were agents for the quaintly named "Fer Famed Cake Company" whose products are prominently advertised on the building and delivery vans. Also advertised are Grapevine cigarettes, 8 pence for ten and Albian cheroots at 2 pence for five. Kemp and Brenchley were later taken over by the other famous Margate business of A.Norman Reeves.