Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Iron Bridge Margate Seafront













This photograph of Margate seafront I believe must date around the 1860's and is from the collection of Anthony Lee, who I would like to thank for sharing with us. The iron bridge over the slipway can be clearly seen and it is probably the best view of the bridge in detail I have ever seen. The bridge was removed following the construction of Marine Drive and the construction of the Clocktower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful photo - thank you. I'd forgotten about that preceding the slipway...love the boys and the fellow in what looks like a top hat.

Tony Beachcomber said...

Anthony Lee now has his own website Margatelocalhistory.co.uk well worth a look, it is also on my sidebar