This map is from 1955 and details the Hippodrome and the rest of the site before the Centre and TDC offices were built. Midway up the top half of Margate High Street is Bentley's Place which took it's name in the 19th Century from Bentley's the towns leading ironmonger. Up until 1960 there remained a ironmongers called Sturton and Walters.
At the top of the lower High Street there are the initials PTP which was the site of a Police Telephone Post, a reminder what policing was like before radios and mobile phones.
It appears from the map that a Roman Urn was found in Grosvenor Place in 1880.