Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Margate marine bathing pavillion




Two postcards of the marine bathing pavillion known to us locals as the Sundeck. There are two interesting features in these postcards . Firstly,there are steps from the pavillion facing out to sea, in later postcards these have been removed. Then on each corner of the Sundeck shoreside there are is a huge union jack flying which gives it a bit of a post war theme. I am not sure when the flying of our national flag actually stopped, probably early 1970's.
The caption on the postcard has "opposite M.C.C" which I assume must mean Margate Coastguard Cottages , any other suggections please let me know.

2 comments:

ascu75 aka Don said...

nice one I love the sundeck card I remember driving past as it came down ..........

Anonymous said...

M.C.C. stands for Margate Catering Company.