This view of Margate is from a newspaper cutting of the time with some very famous landmarks. On the right is the Sea Bathing Hospital (1797), Holy Trinity Church (1828) and the three Margate windmills on the horizon. The windmills were situated where Northdown Road is today, the one on the far left was burnt to the ground to create a diversion by smugglers led by "Carver" Lawrence. The site of this "fired" widmill is where Woolworths stand today in Northdown Road . Below is an engraving of the three windmills.