The top left hand photograph of Margate Jetty on a still day with visitors admiring the view from the footbridge that linked the Jetty entrance to the Marine Palace which once stood on the Rendevous car park, the site of the new Turner Center. The footbridge was damaged during the storm of 29th November 1897. So any view with the footbridge open to the public must have been taken before that date.
Deemed unsafe and unrepairable the decking was removed and the footbridge was closed to the public, by 1907 the footbridge was removed. Therefore any photograph taken in that period with the footbridge intact but closed off can be dated in that period.
In three of the pictures the Camera Obscura building can be seen , originally from the Alexandra Palace Exhibition it was destroyed by enemy action in 1941.
Some of the photographs have the two lifeboat slipways east and west side of the Jetty. The west side slipway ceased use in 1924 and was demolished in 1928. The east side slipway was rebuilt with a new lifeboat house in 1925 to house the new Lord Southborough motorised Lifeboat. There are postcards and photographs of the old west slipway and the new lifeboat house side by side. Obviously date 1925 to 1928 these views are very unusual.
In one of the postcards there is the new lifeboat house the camera obscura and a pleasure boat leaving the Jetty which will date this postcard as 1930's pre war veiw.
Finally , there is the pre war postcard postcard 1947 of the new Droit House and the different buildings on the Jetty entrance to replace those bombed in 1941.