Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Saturday, 11 October 2008

Birchington Square from the air


This Sunbeam aerial photograph of Birchington Square is part of the Sumbeam collection in the Margate Museum and I think it is a must have for Birchington bloggers. At present I have it as a background on my computor and looking the picture full screen, the photo quality is that good I feel as if I am in the aircraft just looking down. Feel free to download and you can see what I mean.The detail is remarkable and I have been trying to date it, any ideas ?.
I have copied 29 Sunbeam photo's on disc from the museum collection before it closed and many have been featured before on Simon Moores Thanetlife, Michael's Thanetonline and my Thanet Coast Life. The Sunbeam collection in the Margate Museum does run into hundreds and some once belonged to the publicity department of the Borough of Margate.
At the last auction held at the Westgate Auctions on the 5th October there was a pile of about 20 arial sunbeam photographs up for auction. They were stamped in green on the back Robert Crittenden, Estate Agents and carried a "M" number. Unfortunately I was not present to see how much they went for.

No comments: