Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Tuesday, 7 October 2008

The attempt to sell Dane Park land in 2005.


Remember the attempt by TDC to sell off land at Dane Park in 2005, well this is the response by the Margate Historical Society which contibuted to TDC backing off. Please feel free to copy anything I put on my blog and put it in your own archives and use it for the good of Margate.
The article was not written by me, and the author Mick Twyman has allowed me to use this article on my blog for the good of Margate. This is because we believe in Margate, we were born in Margate and we will do anything to seek and conserve the History of Margate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the park is probably still bound by the original covenants.

However, people might not realise that a deed by Margate Borough Council in 1968 enlarged the 999 year lease for part of Dane Park into a freehold.