Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Dead Dolphin ashore May 2016

Thursday, 3 April 2008

Naked in Thanet


One of my favourite postcards and it is a nudie one, published by Bamforth and the artwork looks like Arnold Taylor's work. Not sure of the date of publication but I reckon early 1960's judging by the colours used.
I purchased this card from the flower shop at the top of Margate High Street from "Mr Postcard" himself Fred Houghton. If you ever fancy a really interesting conversation he is your boy, especialy his account of the runs in with the authorities in the 1950's over comic postcards and the tricks he got up to. Great stuff.

2 comments:

Toner said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Peter Checksfield said...

Haha, nice card! : )

Peter "Naked in Thanet" Checksfield